Many of our patients come into our offices for their first meetings focused on the preoperative concerns with breast augmentation. Women tend to start with things like the size, type, and shape of their implants. But as you start to take steps forward there are many other issues that start to arise. Some of the most difficult to work out are how to ensure that your breast implants heal properly. There are a number of critical restrictions to which women will need to adhere to ensure that they get the best possible results. In this blog post we want to look at 5 of the most important. Of course, Dr. Max will spend a lot of time talking about your postoperative plan and will help you develop a strategy to get beautiful, natural-looking results.
If you’re considering breast augmentation but still have questions or concerns about the postoperative stage, make sure that you call Dr. Max today at (817) 529-9199. We would love to learn more about your unique situation and how we might be able to help. You can also take a look at our gallery of Before-and-After pictures to see the fabulous results our patients get.
Restrictions After Breast Augmentation
Women will get a detailed plan from Dr. Max on all of the strategies they can use after their procedure to make sure they get the best possible results. But here are 5 key restrictions that patients should avoid.
- Lifting up children – For our Mommy Makeover patients, one of the hardest restrictions to abide by is not picking up their kids for at least one week afterwards, but preferably two or three weeks. Not only is it hard because you love them so much, but practically speaking it is often a necessity.
- Sleep on your back – Patients should avoid sleeping on their stomach or sides for 6 Sleeping on your back will avoid your body healing lopsided.
- Lift your arms – Lifting your arms above your shoulder should definitely be avoided as this can stretch the skin as it heals.
- Get wet – Patients cannot get their bandages or wounds wet for around 5 days after the procedure. This includes bathing. Patients can shower after these first initial 5 days, but submerging them can allow water to leak into the breast pocket.
- Take off surgical garments – Dr. Max will let patients know when it is safe to remove their compression garments after the breast augmentation.
Women will have plenty of time to review their postoperative plan and discuss any details with Dr. Max. Getting some help during this time is critical to ensure that you get the best possible results and avoid having to get breast revision surgery.
Why Choose Dr. Max for Your Breast Augmentation
Women often want to get breast augmentation for a variety of reasons. Whether you’re just looking to add some fullness to your bust or you’ve had a mastectomy or are done breastfeeding, our patients love the experience and the results they get with Dr. Max. Not only has Dr. Max worked hard to develop strong and caring relationships with his patients, but he’s also always honest with you. You’ll know exactly what’s going on and have all the information you need to make a confident decision.