The “boob job” has been one of the most popular elective plastic surgery operations for several decades. Medically referred to as “breast augmentation,” women who are unhappy with how their breasts look have been able to improve their self-esteem, confidence, and sense of femininity with a boob job. Fort Worth women often have a variety of reasons for their interest in breast augmentation. Whether you’ve had a mastectomy, you’re finished with breastfeeding, or you have asymmetrical breasts; or if you just want more fullness, perkiness, and size to your breasts, thousands of women have received beautiful, natural-looking, and life-changing results with Dr. Max. Just take a look at some of our Before-and-After pictures to see for yourself! You can also browse through the incredible reviews that our patients in Fort Worth have written about their experience with Dr. Max. We can’t wait to hear from you so give us a call today at (817) 529-9199.
How to Get Started with Dr. Max
We know this is a difficult decision for you which is why the first step is to give us a call. When you do, you’ll get to talk with one of our welcoming and highly-trained staff. We love hearing from our new Fort Worth patients, and we’re always happy to answer your questions and talk with you about your concerns.
From there, the next step is to schedule a time for you to come in for a complimentary consultation. This first meeting between you and Dr. Max is crucial. During this meeting, you’ll get to talk with him about your questions and concerns. You’ll also get to discuss what your goals are for your procedure, what type of implant you want, and what you want your breasts to look like. Dr. Max may also ask you about your medical history and perform an examination.
Now, while most other surgeons only offer one complimentary consultation, Dr. Max believes that you should always be 100% certain before you move forward. That’s why we also offer a second complimentary consultation if you’re still not sure or if you have additional questions and concerns. Contact us today at (817) 529-9199 to get started.
What is a Boob Job?
Fort Worth patients that have just started looking into whether or not breast augmentation is right for them often have some basic questions about what happens during the procedure.
A “boob job” is a procedure that is designed to enhance the size and beauty of the breasts. Dr. Max uses a silicone or saline breast implant, along with his years of experience and precision, to shape and mold the patient’s breasts to their desired size and shape.
What Decisions Need to Be Made Before a Boob Job?
Fort Worth patients will have their work cut out for them before their breast augmentation. There are a few major and irreversible decisions that need to be made before the procedure.
One of the main decisions that Fort Worth patients need to focus on is the size of their breast implants. During your complimentary consultation, Dr. Max will talk with you about what “look” you want for your breasts, and he can also talk with you about which size will be most ideal for your frame. But ultimately, the size you want is mostly up to you.
There are several different types of breast implants that Fort Worth patients can discuss with Dr. Max.
- Saline – The oldest type of breast implant, they are a terrific option for many patients. Saline implants usually require a smaller incision which, in turn, allows for a smaller scar. They are also the most affordable of the implant types.
- Silicone gel – These implants are made with a silicone shell and then filled with a soft gel. They are usually referred to as “4th generation” implants.
- Cohesive gel – Usually called “gummy bear” implants, this type of implant is made from a solid piece of silicone gel. They are leak-resistant, and you can slice them in half without the gel spilling out–similar to a gummy bear. This is the number one choice for women because they offer the most natural feel. However, right now they are also the most expensive.
This is one of the most important decisions for the entire operation because it will determine where the scar is located and how large it is. There are usually three options.
- Inframammary – This incision is located in the fold of skin under the breast. It usually is hidden underneath the bottom of the bra.
- Transaxillary – For the transaxillary incision, Dr. Max makes an incision in the armpit and then inserts the implant from there. This incision is very well hidden but is usually only used for saline implants.
- Periareolar – Sometimes called the “lollipop” incision because of the shape of the scar, this incision is made around the nipple. However, it often interferes with breastfeeding.
Recovering from a Boob Job
Fort Worth patients who undergo breast augmentation will usually have their procedure done at a local hospital or an outpatient surgery center. The procedure only takes about an hour or so. You should plan on having a friend or family member drive you home as you recover from the anesthesia.
Most Fort Worth patients will wear a post-surgical support bra to make sure everything stays firmly in place. Many patients will need some pain medication for the first couple days to help with the discomfort. But you should be able to return to your daily activities within a week. However, you should wait to exercise or do any strenuous activities for at least 3 or 4 weeks. Of course, our entire staff is here to help throughout your recovery.
If you’re ready to get the breasts you’ve always wanted, call Dr. Max today at (817) 529-9199. Dr. Max has built his entire practice on two principles: listening to our patients and being totally honest with them. We always take the time to listen to you and understand your concerns. We’ll give you honest feedback and answer your questions with total transparency. We can’t wait to get you started on your journey so contact us today.