Hair Restoration Fort Worth
Full, Thick, Natural Hair – Hair Restoration in Fort Worth
Hair loss affects each person differently, but one thing is certain: natural-looking results are essential for hair restoration to be effective. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Max Pekarev offers Fort Worth hair restoration options that are designed for your personal goals and help you rejuvenate your appearance.
Hair Restoration Basics
Dr. Max uses two approaches to treat hair loss:
- Hair transplantation
- Prescription hair restoration therapy.
During your initial consultation with MP Plastic Surgery, Dr. Max will help you determine the right choice for your personal aesthetic goals, your lifestyle, and the nature and extent of your hair loss.
Hair Restoration Through Transplantation
Transplantation is a two-step process for permanent hair replacement.
- First, Dr. Max removes living healthy hair follicles from the back or sides of your head. These hairs are genetically programmed to continue growing for your entire life.
- Next, he transplants these follicles to sites of hair loss using a method called “micrografting.”
After the transplanted follicles complete an initial growth cycle, the hair will continue to grow permanently and naturally. You can treat transplanted hair just like the rest of your hair, styling it and participating in sports and activities.
Request your consult!
Hair Restoration in Fort Worth Patients: How Micrografting Improves Your Results
Older, unnatural-looking methods of transplantation graft 10, 20, or even 30 hairs at a time. If you’ve seen a bad hair transplantation surgery, chances are that it followed this approach.
Micrografting is a superior approach for hair restoration in Fort Worth patients. In this technique, Dr. Max meticulously places 1-4 follicles at a time. This creates a natural, “no-rows” appearance, ensuring no one will be able to tell by looking that you had a hair transplant.
Hair Restoration through Prescription Medication
Dr. Max may be able to help you get satisfactory results with a non-surgical solution. Prescription hair restoration therapy works by blocking DHT, a chemical that causes hair follicles to shrink to the point of invisibility and that is a major contributor to male pattern baldness. With continued use, prescription hair therapy keeps the hair follicles from shrinking, so your hair remains fuller longer.
A few facts about the prescription approach:
- You might be a good candidate if you have just started to notice hair loss and would like to prevent its progression.
- Max most commonly prescribes Propecia®, which is FDA approved to treat hair loss and comes in a pill form.
- You will keep taking the prescription indefinitely to prevent hair thinning.
Whether the prescription method or hair transplantation is a better restoration option, now is a great time to learn about the options that are available to you… and to get fantastic, natural-looking, and lasting results.