In many ways, the choice to have a Fort Worth breast augmentation is highly personal; you want a natural-looking improvement to your appearance, but you need to retain your essential, physical identity.
At the same time, MP Plastic Surgery has found that certain factors give patients the motivation to make a change. Understanding these factors can help you frame your own decision process.
Fort Worth Breast Augmentation Often Starts with a Friend’s Advice
If you are considering breast augmentation to add greater volume, improve symmetry, give lift, or create an overall more attractive silhouette, chances are good that you’ve thought about the decision for a long time. What often gives our patients the encouragement to move forward is talking with friends who have had the procedure.
It makes sense:
- A good friend doesn’t have an agenda. She wants you to make the right decision for yourself, and so she will tell you the positives and negatives of her experience.
- As a former breast augmentation patient, she’s a great source of information, especially about questions you might not find answered online.
- Just as important as the medical experience is what happens afterwards. Your friend can tell you how Fort Worth breast implants have changed her day-to-day life.
One more important part of a friend’s advice is a surgical referral. If she has received great care and results, you may want the same surgeon for your own procedure. Dr. Pekarev sees this every day: word-of-mouth referrals are our practice’s biggest source of new patients.
The Surgeon’s Experience Matters
Patients often supplement the recommendation of friends with research into their surgeon’s background. This includes:
- Education by a reputable medical institution.
- Related medical residencies and fellowships.
- Ongoing professional development.
- Board eligibility / board certification within the field.
Since breast augmentation surgery is both science and art, you should also consider the past work that a surgeon has done. He or she should have a portfolio of work that you can review and that meets your expectations: natural, attractive, and a proper fit for each patient’s frame.
Your Financial Situation Can Help You Move Forward
After resting at home the first day following a Fort Worth breast augmentation, most patients only need another two days or so of medication, and they resume typical daily activities within a week.
That said, you and your family need to be in the right situation for you to pay for, have, and recover from surgery. Especially during those few days, you will require the support of those around you so that you can heal properly.
If you feel that now is the right time, talk with your friends and review the background of reputable surgeons. Then, learn how they can help you achieve your goals.
Call MP Plastic Surgery at (817) 529-9199 to schedule an initial consultation about breast augmentation.