Fort Worth Women that get breast augmentation are almost always concerned that people will be able to tell that they have breast implants. Women typically want to get more cleavage that is attractive but that also looks as natural as possible. One of the biggest concerns they have is the visibility of their scar. It is a fact of life that whenever the skin is cut that it will form a scar when it heals. So one of the things that Dr. Max spends a lot of time discussing with Fort Worth patients are their options for the incision that he will use. We wanted to clear up some misconceptions about the relationship between the incision and breast implants. Women that have questions should call our offices at (817) 529-9199. We would love to talk with you about you and learn more about how we can help. We have a terrific gallery of Before-and-After pictures that you can check out in the meantime. If you’re curious about the experience that other Fort Worth patients have had with Dr. Max, feel free to look through our Reviews page.
Incision Options for Breast Implants
Fort Worth patients have several different incision location options to choose from. However, depending on the type of breast implant you choose (saline or silicone), not all of them may be an option for you.
- Inframammary incision – This is the most common incision. It is made underneath the breast fold where it can be hidden under a bikini top or bra wire.
- Periareolar – With this option, the incision is made around the nipple.
- Transaxillary – One of the more unique options, this incision is made in the armpit. The implant is then “tunneled” down to the breast pocket. While this does allow the scar to be hidden under the armpit, it gives the surgeon less visibility of the breast.
Incision Size Based on Type of Breast Implant
The main relationship between the size of your incision/scar is the type of breast implant you choose.
- Saline – With saline implants, they come from the manufacturer deflated. The surgeon then rolls them up and slides them into the breast The implants are then filled with the desired amount of saline. This method allows Dr. Max to use a smaller incision site.
- Silicone – Silicone implants are prefilled from the manufacturer. However, a method called the Keller Funnel allows surgeons to use a smaller incision than before.
- Cohesive Gel – Also called “gummy bear” implants, these are made from silicone but are denser and cannot be used with the Keller Funnel. These implants usually feel the most natural but may require a larger incision.
Why Work with Dr. Max for Your Breast Implants
Fort Worth women often underestimate the amount of time that they will end up spending with their surgeon. Between consultations and preoperative and postoperative meetings, you’ll end up spending a significant amount of time with your doctor. That’s just one of the reasons why Fort Worth patients love Dr. Max. His humble, honest, and compassionate style gives our patients tremendous peace of mind as they begin this journey. On top of that, the natural-looking and beautiful results they get have made Dr. Max one of the most in-demand surgeons in the region.
Give us a call today at (817) 529-9199 to get started and learn more.