Just like any other product that you might buy, there can be some pretty significant variations between breast implant cost. Fort Worth women often ask us what the exact difference is between saline and silicone breast implants and we wanted to use this blog post to discuss exactly that. But in the end, we usually recommend our patients get the type of implant that they feel is best for them. That is one of the best ways to make sure that you love the results and are happy with how your breasts look. If you’re ready to finally get the breasts and cleavage you’ve always dreamed of, make sure you call Dr. Max today at (817) 529-9199. You should also take a moment to browse through our gallery of Before-and-After breast augmentation pictures to get a better idea of the kind of gorgeous, natural-looking results that our patients get.
Types of Breast Implants
Women have several very good options when it comes to the type of breast implant they want: saline, silicone, and cohesive gel (the “gummy bear” implants). On top of the materials used in the implants, some of these options can be manufactured in anatomical shapes–which can play into the total breast implant cost. Fort Worth women will get to spend a great deal of time thinking and talking with Dr. Max about which type is right for their body and their goals for the procedure.
- Saline – The saline implant is the oldest of the options. They’re made with a silicone shell that is inserted into the breast pocket. Once inside, the shell is inflated with a safe saline solution.
- Silicone – Also make from a silicone shell, these implants come prefilled with a sticky silicone gel. They tend to be softer than saline but patients need to get regular MRIs to check for leaks.
- Cohesive gel – These implants are often called “gummy bear” implants because of how similar they feel to the soft, chewy candies. They resist leaking very well and they also feel even more life-like than other silicone implants.
Breast Implant Cost
Fort Worth women can get fantastic, youthful-looking breasts with any type of implant. But here is a very general breakdown of the cost differences between saline and silicone implants.
- Saline – Again, this is a general approximation, but saline implants tend to be the most cost effective. They can cost around $800 for a pair.
- Silicone – Most patients can expect silicone implants to cost about $1,000 more than saline–around $1,800 for a pair. This can vary greatly.
- Cohesive gel – Gummy bear implants that are anatomically shaped will likely be more expensive than silicone implants.
Why Patients Love Dr. Max
Few women going into the breast augmentation procedure realize exactly how much time they’ll end up spending with their surgeon. There are consultations, surgery preparation, and also postoperative meetings where you’ll be talking and interacting with your surgeon. Dr. Max has a very relaxed, gentle, and understanding approach with all of his patients. Our patients love how at ease and comfortable they feel throughout the entire process. Plus, we are always open and honest with our patients–especially when it comes to breast implant cost. Fort Worth patients can rest easy knowing there aren’t any hidden fees or surprise charges. Dr. Max is a knowledgeable plastic surgeon in the area; and in addition to his Ivy League education, he has received his surgical training at some of the nation’s most prestigious schools.
Get in touch with us at our office in Fort Worth for more information on breast implant costs. Call (817) 529-9199. We’d love to hear from you!