Tummy Tuck (Abdominoplasty) Fort Worth
Tummy Tuck in Fort Worth Patients Get A More Contoured, Attractive Abdomen
Regular exercise and careful diet aren’t always enough to achieve a firmer, flatter tummy. If a contoured abdomen will help you love the way you look and feel, consider tummy tuck surgery.
Dr. Max Pekarev helps tummy tuck in Fort Worth patients by:
- Tightening the abdominal muscles.
- Eliminating excess, sagging skin.
- Achieving a smoother, leaner midsection.
Learn more about the procedure and how MP Plastic Surgery supports patients throughout the process.
Should You Have Tummy Tuck Surgery?
Tummy tuck in Fort Worth patients come to the procedure from a variety of circumstances:
- Some people have a more prominent abdomen because of heredity.
- Women often want to restore their figure after pregnancy.
- People who have lost a significant amount of weight may want to get rid of a lower belly “pooch” or excess skin.
Note that tummy tuck surgery is not a weight-loss surgery but rather a body contouring procedure. It offers you the opportunity to eliminate excess skin and to strengthen your abdomen. However, the confidence patients gain from their procedure often encourages them to recommit to exercise and diet.
If your aim is to achieve a thinner profile, a more “fit” appearance, or greater confidence when wearing clothes that show off your mid-section, you may benefit from the surgery. A initial consultation with MP Plastic Surgery can help you get the information you need to make an informed decision.
What to Expect with Tummy Tuck Surgery
In your initial consultation, you will discuss your goals and have a chance to ask questions about the procedure. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Max and his staff will gather information to make sure that you are a good candidate and prepare a plan for your surgery.
Dr. Max achieves excellent outcomes for patients by personalizing each tummy tuck. He adjusts his techniques to achieve the most aesthetically pleasing results possible with the smallest possible incisions. A board-certified anesthesiologist will oversee your anesthesia to ensure your comfort.
In the surgery:
- Dr. Max makes a horizontal incision just above the pubic bone.
- He tightens the abdominal muscles with permanent, internal sutures and then removes excess sagging skin.
- Dr. Max may also recommend that you have liposuction to create a natural and slimmer contour throughout your abdomen and hips.
While abdominoplasty does leave a scar, it will fade over time. Dr. Max is careful to place the incision so your scar can be easily hidden by a bikini bottom or below underwear.
Recovery and Results
A tummy tuck is one of the more involved cosmetic surgery procedures as it includes muscle repair. While everyone heals at an individual rate, you can expect to resume light daily activities after about 2 weeks depending on the extent of surgery.
Most patients return to work in 2-3 weeks. You should be able to begin more strenuous exercise 6 weeks or so after surgery. After a full recovery, you can expect a body contour that is slimmer and stronger without excess abdominal skin or sag.
What is Mini-Tummy Tuck?
If you have a modest amount of excess skin—primarily on the lower belly—and your abdominal muscles do not require extensive repair, you may be a good candidate for a partial abdominoplasty, or mini-tummy tuck.
In the mini-tummy tuck,Dr. Max uses a shorter incision and focuses on eliminating excess skin and fat rather than tightening the muscles. This means a smaller scar and a faster recovery. Dr. Max always strives to use the least invasive surgery necessary that will achieve the desired results, and so he will advise you about this option during your consultation.
Who Is a Candidate for a Tummy Tuck
Fort Worth men and women that have excess skin on their abdomens can get a flat, shapely stomach with a tummy tuck. However, not all patients are ideal candidates for the procedure. There are a number of factors that Dr. Max will discuss with every patient to determine whether or not they are a good fit for the procedure.
- Good health – Undergoing any procedure that requires anesthesia means that the patient needs to be in good overall health, especially their lungs and heart. Anesthesia places a heavy toll on these organs that patients need to be able to withstand.
- Stable weight – Patients should be within 20 pounds of their ideal weight going into the procedure. Many of our Fort Worth patients actually go on to lose weight after the procedure. But losing more than 30 pounds may cause more loose skin on the body.
- Reasonable expectations – Some Fort Worth patients come into our offices thinking that a tummy tuck is a weight-loss procedure or that they will get results within a few weeks. This is not the case. A tummy tuck will not help patients lose weight and the results can take months to be noticeable, as your body heals. Dr. Max takes great care to discuss all the risks of the procedure and patient expectations beforehand.
- Not family planning – Finally, Fort Worth women that are planning to get pregnant in the future may want to wait to get a tummy tuck. Pregnancy will obviously put a large strain on the belly and could negate any positive benefits you get from the initial tummy tuck. Waiting until you have completed having children will help retain your results after your tummy tuck.
Can a Tummy Tuck Correct Diastasis Recti?
The changes that happen to a mom’s body during pregnancy can be dramatic and also long-lasting. In addition to stretch marks, stubborn fat, and sagging breasts, another common problem is something called diastasis recti.
What is Diastasis Recti?
What happens with this condition is that as the uterus expands and pushes the belly out, the stomach muscles will start to stretch. But after repeated pregnancies or if the belly extends too much, the two bands of muscles on either side of the belly button will start to separate.
After pregnancy, many Fort Worth moms are left with a bulge in their belly that no amount of dieting and exercise can erase. This issue is caused by the actual muscles underneath separating. Even the most rigorous sit-up regimen won’t be able to pull them back together.
Can a Tummy Tuck Fix Diastasis Recti?
One of the best ways to treat diastasis recti is with a tummy tuck. Fort Worth moms that undergo a tummy tuck will be able to get a flat, shapely tummy. During the procedure, Dr. Max actually sutures those stretched abdominal muscles back together to restore their former shape. Plus, if you have excess skin, a tummy tuck can also remove that as well.
Removing Stretch Marks with a Tummy Tuck
Fort Worth moms often end up with unsightly stretch marks after their pregnancies. Many of our patients avoid getting into bathing suits or showing their tummy because of them. One of the most frequent questions we get about tummy tucks is whether or not they can eliminate stretch marks on the abdomen.
During the procedure, Dr. Max removes much of the excess skin from the tummy. In many cases, this allows him to remove the skin that is affected by stretch marks leaving patients with a tight, smooth belly that is usually from stretch marks.
Cost of a Tummy Tuck
Another big concern for many of our patients is the cost of a tummy tuck. Fort Worth men and women who do their own research on tummy tucks often come into their preliminary consultation with some confusion about what the total cost might be. This is because there are a few different factors that can influence the total cost of the procedure. Here are a few of them.
- Your surgeon’s fees – Your surgeon will charge a fee for their time and expertise during the procedure. This is one of the costs that can vary greatly depending on the surgeon and also on the geographic area where you live.
- Staff costs – Another cost that gets included in the total sum is the cost of the staff that helps coordinate and organize the procedure.
- Anesthesia – Perhaps one of the largest fees for the procedure is the cost of anesthesia. First of all, anesthesia must be administered by a special doctor called an anesthesiologist. This doctor has undergone extensive additional training to operate the equipment and monitor the health of the patient while they are sedated. Anesthesia is typically billed This means that patients who get a tummy tuck along with additional procedures may have a higher cost than a patient who only has one procedure.
- Hospital fees – Surgeons often perform their procedures at an outpatient center or a local hospital. Dr. Max has surgical privileges at several hospitals in the Fort Worth area including Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth, Texas Health Harris Methodist HEB, and Texas Health Harris Methodist Southwest. These hospitals and surgical centers charge a fee for the use of their facility and equipment.
- Postoperative garments – One of the most critical factors in determining the quality of your final results is how well you follow Dr. Max’s postoperative instructions. Wearing compression garments is essential to your healing quickly and in an aesthetically pleasing way. These garments are usually paid for by the patient.
- Prescription medications – After the procedure, patients will often require medications to help manage any pain as they heal. The cost of these medications may vary depending on your health insurance.
- Time off from work – If your job doesn’t provide paid time off, patients will need to factor missed wages into the cost of their procedure as well.
Why Work with Dr. Max
One of the things that many Fort Worth patients don’t realize about plastic surgery is how much time they end up spending with their surgeon. Not only do you want to find a surgeon that is qualified, but you also want to make sure that you get along well with them. Our patients love how relaxed and calming Dr. Max is. He makes sure that you are completely comfortable during all steps of the procedure, from the preliminary consultation to the postoperative meetings. Dr. Max will always keep you informed and be transparent about every aspect of the procedure.
Dr. Max has also undergone some of the most prestigious training and education in the medical field. He graduated from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark. From there he finished up his general residency at general surgery residency at Drexel University College of Medicine. Following that, Dr. Max spent 3 years in a renowned plastic surgery fellowship at the University of Massachusetts Medical School. .
But of equal importance is how pleased our Fort Worth patients are with their results. Dr. Max began his medical career working in reconstructive plastic surgery. His ability to completely transform his patients by, not only meeting but often exceeding, their goals, is breathtaking. Just take a look at our Reviews page to hear from some of our patients about their experience. You can also check out our Before-and-After tummy tuck gallery to see his work for yourself.
How to Get Started with Dr. Max
The first step is to give our offices a call today at (817) 529-9199. Getting calls from our new patients is something we always look forward to. When you call, you can expect to be greeted by one of our friendly and well-trained staff. We can talk with you about your concerns and answer as many questions as we can.
The next step in the process is to schedule your preliminary consultation with Dr. Max. During this low-pressure meeting, you’ll get to know Dr. Max, talk with him about what your goals are for the procedure, and discuss any concerns you may have. Dr. Max may also perform an examination as he starts to formulate your customized treatment plan.
Many of our patients do their own research before coming in for their consultation. We highly encourage this. If you have pictures of how you would like to look or if you’ve read anything confusing that you would like to understand more clearly, make sure to write down your questions and bring the pictures with you. This will help the process along and ensure that you are comfortable at every step.
Explore tummy tuck surgery in a consultation with MP Plastic Surgery. Call our Fort Worth offices at (817) 529-9199.