You know how the old song goes, “First comes love, then comes marriage, then comes a baby in a baby carriage!” But what comes after the babies come? For some women, the answer is a mommy makeover surgery to help restore her body to its pre-baby form!
A mommy makeover, which is typically a combination of a breast augmentation and tummy tuck, is a wildly popular surgery throughout Fort Worth, the state of Texas, and the United States as a whole. It seems that many moms are eager to reclaim their former bodies with a little surgical assistance when diet and exercise alone don’t work.
But even though a mommy makeover is traditionally a breast augmentation and tummy tuck, the truth is, Dr. Max can easily customize the procedure to address whatever problem areas you have remaining on your body after you are done having children, despite all the hours you’ve put in at the gym and all the calories you’ve tracked.
Examples of Common Mommy Makeover Customizations
Some of the more common customizations to this surgery that Dr. Max has performed to accommodate his patients include:
- Performing a tummy tuck to both excise loose abdominal skin, and stitch up separated abdominal muscles that leave a pooch in a mom’s belly, as separated abdominal muscles are a common side effect of pregnancy
- Combining a breast augmentation with a breast lift, as many moms who opt for this procedure have noticed breast sagging either due to breast shrinking back after nursing, or the natural aging process
- Adding liposuction to your procedure, as it’s very normal for moms to have stubborn pockets of fat after pregnancy in areas like their abdomen, inner or outer thighs, or flanks
- Performing a facelift or mini-facelift during your surgery time, which is becoming more common as the average age for childbearing in the United States is older than it’s ever been in the past
The Importance of Making Sure You’re Done Having Children Before Committing to Surgery
In addition to ensuring you’re in good physical and mental health, Dr. Max requires women considering this procedure to be certain they’re done having children. The reason – subsequent pregnancies can negate your surgical results. Dr. Max wants you to enjoy long term benefits from your surgeries, so he doesn’t want to perform a tummy tuck, per se, if you’re planning on having another little one in the future, as that future pregnancy can leave you with looser abdominal skin or separated abdominal muscles.
The Benefit of Streamlining Multiple Surgeries into One Event
You may be wondering why so many women combine multiple surgeries into a mommy makeover event. There are a few reasons for this, including:
- Reducing nonsurgical fees, such as operating room fees, anesthesiologist fees, etc.
- Streamlining your recovery time, because let’s face it, moms barely have any time to themselves, to begin with
- Being able to feel like the pre-baby you after one surgical commitment
Contact MP Plastic Surgery to Learn More
If you’re ready to combine a variety of plastic surgery procedures to regain your pre-pregnancy body, Dr. Max is here to help.
Simply call his practice to schedule an initial consultation at (817) 529-9199.