What Is A Mommy Makeover?
There’s nothing like the joy you experience becoming a mom, but pregnancy and childbirth can be hard on your body. Stomach muscles can get stretched out, breasts can start to sag from breastfeeding, and there may be stubborn pockets of pregnancy weight that are hard to get rid of with diet and exercise alone. If you’re ready to restore your figure, consider a mommy makeover.
Board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Max can help you get back the smooth, toned, and youthful curves you once had. He offers a unique, personalized approach to plastic surgery that you won’t find anywhere else. Dr. Max believes passionately in honest and open communication and will work with you to develop a customized treatment plan that addresses your individual needs and goals for your body.
The Basics of a Mommy Makeover
A mommy makeover is a group of procedures that you and Dr. Max select together to address the issues that concern you most. This combination surgery can help eliminate excess skin and fat from your midsection and restore your breasts to a more youthful state.
During your consultation and your preoperative meetings at our Fort Worth office, Dr. Max will recommend treatment for all the areas that you’d like to address. By combining procedures into one operation you can achieve your goals in a shorter time, which means your life is interrupted less and you see an even greater improvement in the way you look and feel.
Am I a Good Candidate for a Mommy Makeover?
We love helping moms get back in “fighting shape” and feel good about their bodies. But are all moms good candidates for a mommy makeover? There are a number of factors that go into determining whether or not a patient can get the procedures they want. Dr. Max always discusses all the risks with his patients, but here are a few of the indicators of a good mommy makeover patient.
The mommy makeover isn’t just for young moms. Women of many different age groups in Fort Worth are getting mommy makeovers and loving their results. However, as our bodies age, they tend to develop more medical issues that could prevent patients from getting all of the procedures they want in their mommy makeover. Diabetes, heart conditions, and high blood pressure can all be issues that Dr. Max might discuss with you during your consultation. However, it is possible in some cases to get blood pressure or diabetes under control in order to undergo a mommy makeover.
The whole goal of a mommy makeover is to help moms get their pre-pregnancy bodies back. If there is a possibility that you may not be done having children, you may not be a good candidate for a mommy makeover. The results of the procedures will likely be undone during the next pregnancy. But if you’re finished having kids, then you’re a fantastic candidate for a mommy makeover.
After pregnancy, many moms are left with sagging skin on their tummies and abdomen. One of the most popular procedures included in a mommy makeover is a tummy tuck. This procedure removes that skin leaving you with a tighter and firmer tummy.
Breastfeeding and pregnancy can cause the breasts to start to droop, sag, and flatten out. If you are suffering from sagging breasts, you are likely a great candidate for a mommy makeover because you can achieve perky, youthful-looking breasts with this type of procedure.
Options for Mommy Makeover
You can choose from a variety of high-quality and effective procedures. Based on your goals your mommy makeover may include two or more of the following:
- Breast augmentation – For women who have lost volume or who have small breasts, a breast augmentation can increase the fullness and appearance of their breasts.
- Breast lift – Sagging breasts can sometimes be improved with a breast lift instead of a breast augmentation.
- Tummy tuck or mini tummy tuck – A tummy tuck can erase stubborn fat and excess skin on your stomach after pregnancy.
- Liposuction – If you’ve tried dieting and exercise but can’t seem to get rid of fat on your body (or even your face), then liposuction could be a great option.
- Buttocks Lift – With a butt lift, Dr. Max can increase the projection, firmness, and roundness of your buttocks.
For breast augmentation, you’ll be able to try out different implant types, sizes, and shapes during your consultation. This gives you a really good idea of how your new breast implants will look and feel on your body.
Different combinations of procedures can provide significant benefits. For example, Dr. Max may recommend breast augmentation with implants along with a breast lift. This can both improve sagging and add volume and youthfulness. He may also suggest liposuction and tummy tuck together, as the combination allows him to sculpt a more attractive contour for your body.
Cost of a Mommy Makeover
While we always encourage our patients to do their own research before they visit us, the issue of pricing can sometimes be a confusing one. When looking online, our patients often find many different numbers for the total cost. The best way for you to get a more accurate quote for your mommy makeover is to visit Dr. Max for a preliminary consultation.
Here are a few of the factors to consider when determining how much your mommy makeover will cost.
- Anesthesia – Perhaps one of the most significant costs of the mommy makeover procedure is the anesthesia. Anesthesia requires the specialized care of an anesthesiologist who is trained to operate the equipment and monitor the patient while they are under. In many cases, the anesthesia cost is charged hourly. This means longer procedures will cost more. Because a mommy makeover usually includes several procedures, it can cost more than a patient who is simply getting one procedure, such as a breast augmentation.
- Surgeon fee – One cost that can vary greatly between doctors and geographic areas is the fee of the surgeon.
- Staff fee – Naturally, the surgeon isn’t the only one who helps the patient. The staff that handles the scheduling, filing, and organization are also factored into the total cost.
- Hospital fee – Dr. Max has surgical privileges at several prestigious hospitals in the Fort Worth area including Texas Health Harris Methodist Fort Worth, Texas Health Harris Methodist HEB, and Texas Health Harris Methodist Southwest. These facilities charge a fee for the use of their equipment and surgical rooms.
- Post-surgical garments – Compression garments post-surgery are an additional cost. These garments are critical to getting the results you want because they help hold breast implants and surgical sutures in place while the body heals.
- Prescription medications – After the surgery, you will likely require pain medication for the first few days as the body heals. Depending on your insurance, this could be an additional cost.
- Time away from work – Most patients will take several days or a week off of work to rest and heal. If you do not have paid time off at your work, you should factor in any time away from work into the cost.
Another consideration in cost is whether or not any of the procedures will be covered by insurance. For example, some insurers do cover breast reconstruction and breast reduction. Of course, this is specific to each insurer and you’ll have to check with yours before making any final decisions about getting a mommy makeover.
Read Our Reviews
Getting Started with Dr. Max in Fort Worth
We look forward to having a thorough discussion with you about your unique situation, and what your next steps might be. When you contact our Fort Worth office, you’ll be greeted by one of our friendly and highly-skilled staff. They will be able to answer questions and get you started on your exciting journey.
The next step in the process is for you to schedule a preliminary consultation with Dr. Max. During this first meeting, you’ll get to learn more about him, talk with him about what your goals are for the procedure, and discuss your concerns.
Dr. Max may also perform an examination during this consultation to start getting an idea of your overall health. For patients that want breast augmentation, you may get to try on some of our implant sizing bras to help you determine which size and type are right for you.
Why Work with Dr. Max for Your Mommy Makeover
Our patients absolutely love Dr. Max’s calm, kind, and caring personality. He has worked hard building his practice to be one that values transparency and honesty with every single patient. You’ll always know exactly what’s going on and be aware of all the risks and rewards of your procedure.
On top of Dr. Max’s compassionate practice environment, he has also completed some of the most extensive surgical training and education. He graduated from the University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey in Newark. From there, he completed his general surgery residency at Drexel University College of Medicine before spending 3 years in a plastic surgery fellowship at the prestigious University of Massachusetts Medical School. Before starting his own practice, Dr. Max spent several years helping patients at the Center for Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery in Fort Worth.
We can’t wait to help you get started and learn more about you.
Mommy Makeover Recovery and Results
If you’re a busy mom, a mommy makeover may be the right fit for your personal goals and your family or work commitments. Since Dr. Max performs your procedures during one surgical session you only have one recovery for your mommy makeover. You’ll also likely save money by combining procedures because fewer surgical resources are needed.
Estimating the recovery time for a mommy makeover is difficult. Your recuperation will depend on which surgeries you have and how well you tolerate you recovery. However, recovering from multiple procedures is typically about the same as recovering from a single procedure in a surgical session.
Most Fort Worth patients are back to their usual daily activities within 1 or 2 weeks after a breast procedure. But a tummy tuck requires a longer time for recovery and typically requires drains in place to keep fluid from building up. You should refrain from any sort of strenuous physical activity for several weeks after surgery. Many moms need help with caring for small children during this time.
Dr. Max and our staff can help you plan ahead for other procedures you may consider.
Whichever approach you choose, you can expect subtle but significant improvements that restore the youthfulness and beauty you’ve sacrificed for your family.
If you are ready to change your life and get the body that you deserve, give Dr. Max a call to schedule an initial consultation for a mommy makeover. You can also read some of our outstanding reviews posted by our patients in the Fort Worth community.