Breast augmentation is the most popular plastic surgery operation in the world. While the results are meant to last a lifetime, there are a variety of common problems that arise that may require an additional, corrective procedure called a “breast revision.” Fort Worth patients that have noticed their implants are sitting too high, one or both of them has ruptured, they’re no longer symmetrical, or any other issues should definitely call Dr. Max today at (817) 529-9199.
Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Max is an Ivy League-educated surgeon that is rapidly becoming one of the most popular surgeons in all of Texas. His precision and compassionate care with all of his Fort Worth patients has earned him the reputation of being one of the most sought-after plastic surgeons for breast revision.
Dr. Max built his practice from the ground up by taking the time to listen to all of his Fort Worth patients. Make sure you take a look at our gallery of Before-and-After pictures to see his work for yourself. Our amazing patients in Fort Worth have also taken the time to write some incredible reviews that you should definitely check out as well.
How to Get Started With Dr. Max
When you give us a call, you’ll get to talk with one of our dedicated and friendly staff. One of our favorite parts of the day is getting calls from new patients and we’re always happy to answer your questions and talk with you about your concerns.
Now, the next step is to schedule a time for you to visit our cozy and comfortable offices to meet with Dr. Max in person. This first consultation is one of the most critical steps in the process because it will give you a chance to talk with Dr. Max about your goals for the procedure. Dr. Max will also need to learn all of the details about your first breast augmentation surgery so that he can make sure that you get the results you want with the revision surgery. Dr. Max may also perform an examination to make sure that you’re healthy enough to undergo surgery.
What is a Breast Revision?
Fort Worth women that are not happy with the results of their breast augmentation will sometimes opt to undergo an additional surgery called a “breast revision” to correct the problems. This is a terrific option for women whose implants have shifted, ruptured, or that don’t look the way they want. During the procedure, Dr. Max can change the type of implants that you have, increase their size and shape, alter the projection (how far they stick out from your chest), and the symmetry.
Reasons for a Breast Revision
Fort Worth patients who have had a breast augmentation in the past may begin to notice several common issues. These include:
- Capsular contracture – One of the most common reasons for breast revision is something call “capsular contracture.” After your first implants were placed, your body formed a protective scar “capsule” around them. Over time, the scar tissue can harden and squeeze the implants making them feel hard and tight.
- Different size – Another very common reason for breast revision is to get a different size of implant. Many of our Fort Worth patients want to get larger implants, and that’s something that you can discuss with Dr. Max during your consultation.
- Leaks and ruptures – With saline and silicone gel implants, rupture is a very real concern. With saline implants, the leak will usually be very obvious as the implants will deflate. But with silicone, the rupture may only be detected during your annual MRI scan.
- Changing implant type – If you have saline implants that are “rippling” on the side or if you’re not happy with how your current type of implant feels, then you can change the type of implant with a breast revision.
- Asymmetry – If one of your implants sits lower or higher than the other, this is referred to as “asymmetry.”
- Bottoming – If your implants begin to sit too low, this is called bottoming.
- Synmastia – Sometimes called a “” This is when the implants can shift closer to each other, giving the appearance of having one breast.
Recovering from Breast Revision
Fort Worth women can expect the recovery from their revision surgery to be very similar to their original augmentation. One important thing to note about the scar is that Dr. Max can usually use your original incision site so that you don’t have an additional scar from the revision surgery.
Breast Revision and Insurance
One common question we get asked about breast revision is if it is covered by health insurance. As frustrating as it might be, it’s hard for us to say since we don’t know the details of your specific carrier or plan. Usually, surgeries like breast augmentation are not covered since they are elective. There are some instances where a health insurance provider will cover some breast surgeries if they relate to a mastectomy or some other breast-related disease. But even then, that is not always the case. You should look at your health care plan and talk with your carrier to make sure.
If you’re ready to fix your breast implants and get perky, youthful, and natural-looking breasts then make sure you call Fort Worth plastic surgeon, Dr. Max today at (817) 529-9199.